On Wednesday of this week we gave a presentation to 35 members of the Law Society in their plush offices in Belfast.
The session was designed to show “non-Internet-experts” how to promote their business using the web. Almost 10,000 people search for “solicitors in Belfast” via Google?, which means that no solicitor can afford to ignore the Internet as a source of new business.
Its focus was on taking practical steps to increase interest in your business, leading to new sales leads.
The session was presented using non-technical language to be understood by any level of Internet user.
The session covered the following topics:
- Why use the Internet to promote your business?
- A beginners guide to Internet jargon
- The basics of setting up and managing a website
- How can Google help me reach more customers?
- Is Facebook just for my kids?
- Using e-Mail as a marketing tool
- Measuring the outcomes
A big thanks to the Law Society to inviting Stuart McLean to present at the event!